Saturday 10 July 2010

Continued . . .

May saw the start of Bristol Convention which was really good fun, it's always soo good to spend time with heaps of friends and TONS of YSA. It was a blast. However on the Saturday I was on my way to Laura's I was involved in  . . . 
A car accident: I was stuck on a roundabout and as I got going a
 car came zooming by cutting me up as he exited the roundabout from the middle lane and clipped my drivers side. It shook me right up and I couldn't really stop shaking for a few days after. Despite thinking that we were going to sort out our own damage he then a month later, decided to go through the insurance company as neither one of us are accepting liability. We're still waiting to hear the outcome. 
The dreaded roundabout. 

My Second overnight: The ash from the Volcanic Eruption caused some problems for a couple of weeks after canceling flights where the ash cloud was located. I didn't have any other problems as far as that was concerned. But one Sunday in May I had gotten called of standby to do Gdansk (GDN) Belfast (BHD). When we landed in BHD, the captain found ash in the Engine . . . Not much but still enough to ground  us until it could be checked by an engineer (who was in Dublin). A Stansted crew were also there and I happened to know the Supervisor from when I was based there which was good fun. We ended up overnighting because of how long it takes to clean a aircraft engine. Stansted got to stay in a 4* hotel in Belfast . . . and we got The Salty Dog in Bangor Bay. lol. We had a really good crew though and had a lot of fun before getting back to Bristol the next day. 


Playing in the Engine


In the flight deck

The Salty Dog

I just love all the gorgeous weather that we've had this summer, it's been so good to be able to wear shorts, flip flops and spend lots of time in the sun. Other than getting burnt it has really made the summer seem more summery, instead of cold, wet and miserable which is what we're used to in England. For Father's Day we went up to see Laura in Bristol and went to Blaise Castle. I've never been here before despite it being just up the road and was great to see another local attraction. It was another beautiful day and perfect for a picnic and walk through the woods to the castle. 

Josh, Dad, and Laura at Blaise Castle

Alton Towers: I love Alton Towers, it is by far my favorite theme park that I have ever been to. It has sooo many fab rides but I think my favorites are definitely Air, Oblivion, Nemises, Rita, then the new ride Th13teen. Although they all come quite close together. The whole theme park is amazing and this week a group of us decided to use our buy one get one free tickets to go to Alton Towers for the day. It was great, we drove up in the morning and used walky talky to communicate between the 2 cars which was really good fun. We didn't get to go on all the rides in the park as the lines were really long. We had to wait for over an hour to get onto Rita, and like 45 mins for Air and Nemises. We did get on all the big rides however and a few little ones before we drove home that night. It was so worth it though and thankfully it was warm but not baking, and we only had a few drops of rain. 

This is Amy in front of Nemises. 

That pretty much brings us  up to July lol. It's been great the last couple of months working a lot more now that we're in the summer season, and we are flying to a few new routes which is always exciting. We have also had a few new people arrive at Bristol base which has been fun, and a few fantastic people leave which is not so fun. I still love being based in Bristol though, it's just so friendly and you get to know everyone. I love it. There have been a couple of long-haul jobs available for Monarch and Air New Zealand and I printed out and filled out the application form, but I just don't know if it's the right thing to be doing right now. I feel really content where I am and whilst my dream is to do long-haul flights, there is  just something that keeps making me put off sending the form off and I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm meant to stay put for now :)









No comments:

Post a Comment