Thursday 19 August 2010

Where has the summer gone??

After the gorgeous weather that we had in May and June you would think that the summer would of continued to be beautiful. . . . but then we remember that we live in England. I can't believe how miserable the weather has been the past couple of weeks, it feels more like October than August. If only there were a summer holiday to look forward to. :)


The volcano that caused me to get stuck in Amsterdam happened 4 months ago, well today I got a email from Delta saying that I could get reimbursed for my hotel, but since I made my own way home that will be it. It's a blessing really because it's like €95 Euro that I didn't have yesterday. But still, it's kinda frustrating that it happened at all. I wish I knew that airspace would of been closed for a week because then I could of enjoyed a week in Amsterdam, it would of been great to actually see a city I've never seen before lol. Maybe one day I'll go back and see it.

I also realized this week that I really am bad luck. Due to horrid thunderstorms in Rzeszow we had to divert to Katawice (These are in Poland by the way) lol. Anyway so we diverted and decided to drop our passengers off to endure a 3 hour bus journey back to Rzeszow. We decided that we would try and get into Rzeszow but if the thunderstorms were still there then we would go back to Bristol empty. however the thunderstorms had moved and we managed to get in, pick up the passengers, and made our way to Bristol all before our original passengers managed to get to Rzeszow. . . The poor passengers, I really did feel a bit sorry for them.

The D word started this week. Man is it hard to eat healthy. lol. Not only is it expensive but it's so hard to be munching on fruit and veg instead of chocolate and crisps. I've been doing really well this week though and have had great fun experimenting with different ways to eat my favorite meals. My aim is to lose 5lbs in 2 weeks. We'll see if I can make it huh.

2 comments:

  1. Hey maybe we'll repeat Spain but go to Amsterdam instead?? Sounds like a plan... but after Italy. Also I want to go to Greece... I figure wait till Ashley gets home from his mission and do a group trip? Then he can speak for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so many mini breaks to plan, I'm not sure hoe we're going to repeat spain without you this year. Amsterdam for sure should be on our list, and Germany to visit Ronja :) Yeh Ash can be our translator and tour guide lol. See the fun we can have being single lol.

    ReplyDelete