Wednesday 3 November 2010

The past is the past!!

Today I was digging around the one box I have yet to unpack in the hopes of retrieving my diary. My life has become so hectic in the past couple of weeks and I'm starting to lose track of everything that is supposed to be going on in the next few weeks, my social calendar has just exploded. lol. Whilst I was looking for my diary (which I found by the way) I found the DVDs from the 2 wards I was in at BYU. As I watched the slide shows of all the pictures that members of my ward had submitted (including some of my own) I was remembering the great times that I had at BYU and all the fabulous friends that I had made there.

This got me thinking . . . I remember all the great times so fondly, and miss the culture so much. . . And then I thought . . . I need to cherish THIS time of my life. I need to take more pictures of the people around me and the things that I do. I need to remember that BYU (as much as I loved and miss it) IS in the past and I need to make my own happy present. I need to be happy, I need to have fun, so that in 2 or 5 or 10 years I can look back at THESE times with fondness and great memories and joy.

So that is  my goal for this week, I am going to ENJOY life, whatever may get thrown my way. I am going to carry my camera with me and actually start taking pictures. I have no pictures of my English friends since before BYU, it's time that changed. As much as I LOVE America, and the culture, the past is the past, I need to stop trying to live in the past, and enjoy what I have now and just be grateful for all the experiences and friends I get along the way!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment